Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix downpipe connection?

houseowner123
Just Starting Out

How to fix downpipe connection?

Hi there,

There is a hole in the pipe that's leaking water and not draining correctly. Could you tell me how to fix the hole, or would it be better to replace the pipe?

I'm not familiar with fixing things, so it would be wonderful if you could provide detailed instructions. Thank you.IMG_1731.jpgIMG_3377.jpgIMG_3378.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix downpipe connection?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @houseowner123. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a downpipe.

You could possibly fix the hole with waterproofing tape or epoxy putty. Ensure you clean the underside of the plastic fitting well before applying the tape or epoxy filler.

Do you find that water escapes from this loose connection during rain events? If so, you might like to have a plumber connect the downpipe to the PVC pipe securely with the correct fittings.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix downpipe connection?

@MitchellMc  Thank you, Mitchell, for your reply. I just used the waterproofing tape, and it looks good. Thanks again!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects