Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Ozito pressure washer?

Lynne3
Just Starting Out

How to fix Ozito pressure washer?

Hi guys, 

I have just purchased a Ozito HPW 2030 and for the life of me I cannot get it the pressure to work. I have read the other Q&A’s and troubleshooted from that, including purchasing a connector hose. 

The motor just wants to suck the air and not spit any out, makes an awful sound on top of the motor nose. I have; 

plugged and unplugged everything  

tried different hoses 

left the water to rub before turning on the pressure hose 

not sure what else it could be? 

I am replacing an old karcher, 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito high pressure advice

Hi @Lynne3,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Ozito pressure cleaner.

The only thing I can suggest that may help is to increase the pressure of water coming from your hose to the pressure washer. Pressure washers require a consistent and adequate water supply to operate efficiently. If the water flow is too low, the pressure washer may not generate enough pressure, leading to weak cleaning performance or the pump running dry, which can damage the machine.

If this does not fix the problem, I would suggest returning the machine and asking for a replacement. As it has only just been purchased, there will be no issues with swapping it out.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Lynne3
Just Starting Out

Hi Jacob, 

Thank you for your advice, you were right, went to my local Bunnings swapped it over for a replacement, I am having the same issue so I think it’s a water pressure issue which is odd as the Karcher was ok. I will have to pop back and return the unit which is disappointing as it is a great compact unit with great reviews. 
Thanks again. 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Lynne3,

I find it odd that your Karcher would work, but your new Ozito washer wouldn't, especially considering you've tried two different ones.

Did you have a photo of the tap that you could upload? If you use the tap without the pressure washer connected is the flow rate really low? 

If this is the case it might indicate an issue, you'd need to contact a plumber for assistance with.

Let me know what you think.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects