Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to extend a protector aluminium side gate to stop dog?

Tilly3
Just Starting Out

How to extend a protector aluminium side gate to stop dog?

My son installed a new black protector gate to keep my dog in. I now find she is jumping it, if she sees a cat or a bush turkey.

It was a lot of work as my cottage is double brick, cement rendered and not every thing is plumb. I would appreciate any ideas on how to add a top without ruining the modern look. Thank you.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to extend a protector aluminium side gate to stop dog?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tilly3. I'm sure you'll find this is a very helpful and inspiring group of people!

Could we please trouble you for some photos and measurements of your gate? That way members will be in a much better position to provide specific and helpful advice about your options. We certainly want to help keep your dog safe. :smile:

Please let us know if you need a hand uploading some images so we can see what you are working with.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to extend a protector aluminium side gate to stop dog?

Hi @Tilly3,

We have a range of fence extensions that you could potentially use. Something like the Matrix 1800 x 430mm Charcoal Slat Extension Fence would add an additional 430mm to the height of the gate and keeps the look modern.

We'll be looking forward to those images and providing further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects