Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover over existing pavers?

xircomnz
Finding My Feet

How to cover over existing pavers?

gday, I have pavers in my alfresco area which is about 15m2 that I don’t really like. I was wondering in I fill in the gaps and lay a mortar or cement over the top of the pavers, 1 would this work 2 could I then put down an epoxy coat or something similar ?See attached photo of what the pavers look like.
I’m certainly open to ideas and suggestions

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3217.jpeg

. Cheers 

IMG_3216.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to cover over existing pavers?

Hello @xircomnz 

Thanks for sharing your question about covering your existing pavers. Yes, your pavers can be painted over with products such as White Knight 4L Medium Grey Ultra Pave Quick Dry Paint. Is there a particular reason you are not happy with your pavers? Is it the uneven finish that is bothering you? One other option open to you is to remove the pavers and replacing it with a low-level deck that you could technically spread out onto your garden outside the shaded area.

There is also the option of paving steps and pebbles to create a pathway. Another idea is to tile the entire area to create patterns and geometric shapes to add variety in your alfresco area.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: 10 ways to transform your outdoor entertaining area

I also suggest having a look at these discussions - Low-level deck with steps and lighting by @asifkhawaja and Low-level deck over concrete alfresco by @siran

Let me call on our experienced members @homeinmelbourne and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects