Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to control lawn weeds?

ccheong
Getting Established

How to control lawn weeds?

022A8656-185E-4915-9A39-624F4D6257CF_1_105_c.jpegF431DDE3-CFBA-4F55-B0F8-D0461D02B2BD_1_105_c.jpeg

Hello, in line with the few posts I have seen about weeds in lawns. Can I ask if you could look at these weeds (not sure what they are specifically) and which weedkiller will be good but not damage the lawn. I have already done a thorough weeding but it grew back quickly. Many thanks indeed

IMG_4058.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to control lawn weeds?

I'm afraid it's a constant battle @ccheong.

What approach are you currently using? Your lawn is generally looking pretty healthy. I would recommend continuing with hand weeding.

Apologies that a couple of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts are taking a well-earned break at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay before one can get back to you with their recommendations.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ccheong,

I'd hit the lawn with some Buffalo-Pro, which will knock off all common lawn weeds. You might need to apply again in a couple of months for any stubborn weeds.

You should pull out the long spindly grass by hand, or you can paint the tips of it with a weeding wand and herbicide. Be careful not to get any on your lawn, though.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Mitchell and Jason... Ill give it a go!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects