Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean and seal outdoor pavers?

sum
Just Starting Out

How to clean and seal outdoor pavers?

Hello there, what do you need in terms of a pressure cleaner and solvent to clean this? And then once washed, do I need to treat or seal it?

image.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to clean and seal outdoor pavers?

Hi @sum,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

These look like concrete pavers, but can you please confirm? Knowing exactly what you are working with will help our members provide more accurate and useful advice. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sum
Just Starting Out

Hiya Jason, yes it’s a concrete tile:)

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sum,

Thank you for your question and apologise for the delay in response.

Check out Cleaning a Concrete Driveway In The Tropics. You don't have algal growth, but much of the concept is the same.

Use this 30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner With Power Sprayer to spray the surface down, then use a pressure washer with a surface cleaning attachment such as this Ozito 2000W 2320PSI High Pressure Washer HPW-2320K or Gerni 3600 1810PSI 1500W High Pressure Washer.

Once clean, you can use this Crommelin 15L Water Based Concrete And Paving Sealer to seal and protect them. Ensure you follow the manufacturer's instructions closely to ensure the best result.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects