Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a new deck where current pavers are?

ricm
Building a Reputation

How to build a new deck where current pavers are?

Hi there,
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated... We are building a new deck in an area with pavers in the back. We have an uneven area of pavers up against timber sleepers in the garden corner, my question is - what would you advise that we use to put under the decking to make the area level? If we put 'build tuff' as bases and attached the whole frame base to the side sleepers, would this work?  . 

Re: Update on Decking Project & Question

Afternoon @ricm 

Nah to the competition :smile: lol Im just a fan of the equipment.

When I predrill the holes for the larger screws I drill through both (Usually I adjust the drill bit length to the depth I want and just drill down to the chuck). I I never had an issue when I was framing up my garage doing it this way.

I agree with @MitchellMc

Dave

ricm
Building a Reputation

Hi Dave & team!

Just an update and a question... 

So if you look at the pic you'll see I've almost finished the major section of frames. My question is, you see the areas Ive outlined, is there a solution for some kind of more sturdy stand other than the broken up pavers I am using? I'd be worries about these falling apart under feet when the deck boards are down. 

I release I can't use the usual galvanised feet I usually do because these are made to fit specific holes in the framing kits. Is there something else at Bunnings I can pick up?

Thanks in advance.

PS: my back and my arms hurt now! lol

Ric

IMG_1342.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ricm,

I recommend you use pedestal feet for those locations. They're adjustable and should work quite well.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Afternoon @ricm 

Id also say pedestal feet that @MitchellMc  has suggested.

Dave

ricm
Building a Reputation

Thanks guys! @MitchellMc already bought and possibly the easiest thing to fit in this whole decking saga! 

:bigsmile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects