Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a feature wall outdoors?

susanamy
Finding My Feet

How to build a feature wall outdoors?

Want to put up a lattice feature using the plastic lattice will I need to frame it.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: feature wall outdoors

Hello @susanamy 

Thanks for sharing your question about building a lattice feature. Would it be possible for you to specify which lattice you're referring to? Generally, if the lattice is soft and flimsy then it would definitely need to be framed up if you are putting it up against a wall.

If it's going outside, the frame will need to be rated for outside use and for extra protection a coat of paint should be applied. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric was going to use the plastic lattice to go on the wall I see there is a frame to suit available, my last one was wooden but now deteriorated so feature needs freshening up

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @susanamy,

If it is the Matrix plastic screening then using their frame would certainly be the way to go. Let us know if you have any questions during the installation process. We're here to help.

Mitchell

That’s the one I’m looking at just need to decide what colour 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @susanamy 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your lattice feature installed.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects