Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach a 1.6mm 1m Galvanised Steel Square Tube to a fence?

parashartushar
Just Starting Out

How to attach a 1.6mm 1m Galvanised Steel Square Tube to a fence?

Hi Guys 

Probably a very easy answer but ,I am just starting with DIY things.

Can you please suggest what is the best way to attach  1.6mm 1m Galvanized Steel Square Tube to a fence.

I have attach an image as well.

lights sketch.JPG

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to attach a 1.6mm 1m Galvanised Steel Square Tube to a fence?

Afternoon @parashartushar 

Solar lights?

I take it your neighbor is agreeable? I would be getting steel the height of your fence plus your metre addition. So, 2.5 metres if that's a 1.5 metre fence.

Wooden posts behind the fence?

Holes pre-drilled and maybe coach screws?

To me - that would be easier than trying to stick a metre length on top of the fence.

Just afternoon tea thoughts. 👍

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach a 1.6mm 1m Galvanised Steel Square Tube to a fence?

Hello @parashartushar 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about attaching a square tube to your fence.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Noyade. My only other suggestion is to make sure of the position of the fence posts on the other side of the fence. I also recommend making sure that the post is long enough that you have sufficient length to screw into. 

For example, let's say 300mm is the mounting length and 1 meter is the extension, you therefore would need a post that is 1300mm long. Having the post at exactly one meter means that part of it will be used as mounting making the extension shorter than 1 meter.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles, and a dust mask when working on your fence extension.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects