Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add garage door protection?

Samara1
Having an Impact

How to add garage door protection?

How to protect this Garage back door from weather and rain

Could I add any small roof shade on the marked area or any other suggestions please.

Garage Door Protection.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add garage door protection?

Hi @Samara1,

I apologise for the delay in my reply.

Adding a canopy awning sounds like a great solution. However, it would be best to also add a hinged door seal to the bottom of the door to prevent any water from driving rain that might still land on the threshold and travel under the door. There's also a convenient self-adhesive option that you could easily install yourself.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thanks i have camera & light installed above door top. worrying whether this canopy may disturb these . any thoughts please

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1 

I suggest testing the location of the canopy first to make sure that it does not interfere with the cameras line of sight. As long as it does not cover its view of the house it should be perfectly fine to install the canopy. The same goes for the light installed, as long as it does not obscure the light there should be no issue in installing it.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

@EricL @MitchellMc 

how about adding Weather stripping around door for all externall doors. any good quality and durable product to go for please

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Samara1 

I suggest looking at the Moroday  weather door seals for the interior frame of the door. You can also place a ProtectorAl 798-848mm x 2030-2070mm x 19mm Adjustable Hinged Security Door Aluminium Black Diamond G.... The security door will act as a barrier to your door and lessen the effect of the weather. The only other thing that comes to mind is to build a custom canopy for your door. You can make it as compact as you like so that it does not interfere with your light and camera. 

Eric

Samara1
Having an Impact

thanks @EricL 

my external door size is 820mm x 2400mm

how to build a custom canopy for my door.

also how to apply the door sealer as i can see many options and which one is good to go please suggest,

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Samara1 

I've placed some images below which you can show your builder or handy person, and they will get the idea on how to build the canopy for you. For your door sealer, I suggest using Moroday 5m White Self Adhesive Special Weatherseal.

Eric

Samara1
Having an Impact

thanks @EricL appreciate for the images for canopy

review comments are not good for the product  Moroday 5m White Self Adhesive

any other better quality sealer please.. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

You could use Raven 5000mm RP59 White Self Adhesive Window and Door Weather Strip instead. Seems this version adheres much better.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects