Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i fill the gap under my outdoor sliding door and alresco slab?

aydenmb21
Just Starting Out

How do i fill the gap under my outdoor sliding door and alresco slab?

image.jpg

I’m currently tiling my alfresco slab and wondering how do I fill the gap/void between my outdoor sliding door track and the slab/tile? Is it best to tile under the track or add something underneath it to hold up the track? 

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How do i fill the gap under my outdoor sliding door and alresco slab?

Good afternoon @aydenmb21 

It was a long time ago and my gap is bigger - but I used a piece of decking and concrete bolts.

For that 'perfect' fit - I had to hand plane it in sections, but it made a really positive effect to the sliding door movement.

Just a post hamburger for lunch thought.

Cheers!

20241009_130529.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @aydenmb21. Great to have you join us and already receive a great suggestion from @Noyade. You'll find we have loads of helpful and clever community members always willing to provide advice and inspiration.

Please note that a couple of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts are taking a well-earned break at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay before one of the team can get back to you with their thoughts on the best approach.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @aydenmb21,

Does the track need to be held up, and have you removed any structural support from under it? If not, then the gap is really only cosmetic, and @Noyade has provided a great option. 

You could tile under there if you wished, if that's a look you'd like.

The gap looks a little too large to fill with Sikaflex 11FC, but you could do so. Regardless, I'd be inclined to run a bead of this across the vertical concrete to seal it off and prevent water ingress under the door. Then, you could use a timber or aluminium profile to cap off the area.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects