Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I keep bottle labels from weathering outdoors?

zillah
Cultivating a Following

How do I keep bottle labels from weathering outdoors?

Hi All

I don't have a big shed that keep all my stuff inside it ,,,,,therefore I have to store them on an outside shelves

Bottles for different Chemicals, have paper labels I'd like to preserve and keep them as mush as possible undamaged from harsh weather,,,,,Is there a spray coating ? a special clear tape ? I have already used clear packaging tape

Yes I am aware that current labels already been damaged we can't preserve them ,,,,but for future

Thx

ThxIMG_4507.jpgIMG_4508.jpgIMG_4510.jpgIMG_4511.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I keep bottle labels from weathering outdoors

Hi @zillah,

The labels are deteriorating due to being exposed to rain and UV rays. I think the simplest solution here would be to build some protection for them. If you didn't want to go for something like the Lifetime 69.8 x 136 x 171.7cm Vertical Plastic Storage Shed then even a simple tarp draped over the shelving unit would prevent rain and UV coming in contact with the bottles. A steel shed like the Absco Sheds 1.52 x 0.78 x 1.95m Zinc Single Door Garden Shed With Anchors - Zincalume would work a treat, too. Plus, it's got a small footprint.

If you want to get fancy, you could add some doors to the front of your existing shelving unit.

I'm not aware of a tape or spray that would work particularly effectively for your purpose.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
zillah
Cultivating a Following

Re: How do I keep bottle labels from weathering outdoors

Thx Mitchell for the informative details

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects