Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I add concrete to an existing slab to level out?

mattschild
Just Starting Out

How do I add concrete to an existing slab to level out?

Hi Workshop team, I have an existing concrete slab that is not level around the outside as seen in images attached. I am seeking guidance on how best to level this with the existing slab? What products would you recommend to bind together with existing slab

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I add concrete to an existing slab to level out?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mattschild. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling concrete.

You could use Dingo 10KG Structural Mortar Repair Bag for your project. I recommend cleaning the concrete well with a high pressure sprayer and then creating some formwork for the edge. Ensure it is well staked in position to prevent it from falling over. You can then paint Boncrete over the lower section and the lip and mix a little into your mortar. Then, fill the area with your mortar and trowel it smooth. Once dry you can remove your formwork.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How do I add concrete to an existing slab to level out?

Thank you @MitchellMc for the advice. I will apply this and let you know how it goes. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects