Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How could I neatly fill the gap in these pavers?

diyallday
Getting Established

How could I neatly fill the gap in these pavers?

A section of our outdoor paved area has a narrow border, with the herringbone patterned pavers secured with a wedge of concrete 2 inches below the white pebbles. If there weren't so many halved pavers and it wasn't concreted, I'd remove the rectangle section, blending the space into the herringbone pattern.

Would it be worth cutting thin lengths from pavers to fill this narrow border, then reseat the uneven pavers in the rectangle pattern,

or is there a neater way?

Thanks

pavers 2.jpgpavers 1.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how could I neatly fill the gap in these pavers

Hi @diyallday,

Given that the internal rectangle is uneven, likely due to subsidence, the first step would be to remove all the pavers in the middle section. This will allow you to properly level the sub-base, ensuring a more stable foundation before relaying any pavers.

For the narrow border, cutting thin lengths of pavers to fill the gap could work, but it may result in a less seamless look depending on the width of the gap and how well the cut pieces blend with the existing pavers. Instead, you might want to consider removing the entire rectangle section and blending it back into the surrounding herringbone pattern. This would allow you to achieve a more cohesive and visually appealing result.

Alternatively, if you're set on filling the narrow border, you could also explore using something like a contrasting paver or edging material that complements the herringbone pattern but provides a clean, intentional border. This would eliminate the need for cutting thin pieces while still providing a neat finish.

Once the area is levelled, you can reset the pavers in your desired pattern, ensuring they sit flush with the rest of the paved area.

This way, you'll not only resolve the unevenness but also create a polished, professional-looking finish for the whole space. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects