Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I increase the height of drain?

mann
Getting Established

How can I increase the height of drain?

I am planning to lay artificial turf and there is drain in the area.How can I increase the height of the drain ? 

Thanks

1000135568.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how can I increase the height of drain?

Hi @mann,

Thank you for your question about increasing the height of the drain in your garden.

For the sake of explanation, I will assume that it is a 100mm PVC pipe. If it is different, you will need to use the same parts in the diameter of your pipe. 

You are going to need a 100mm PVC Slip Coupling, Red Priming Fluid, and Blue Cement Solvent

This should be a fairly simple job that will start by digging down to expose the pipe that is connected beneath.

Use a hacksaw to cut the pipe at least 50mm below the connection between the drain and the pipe beneath. Place the slip coupling over the pipe that's in the ground and then place the pipe and drain into the top of the slip coupling. This will have increased the height slightly. Compare the drain height to the height you want to achieve. If it is 5mm above where you want it, simply remove 5mm from the pipe that is connected to the drain.

Once everything is cut to size, apply the red priming fluid to the inside of the slip coupling and the outside of the pipes, then apply the blue cement solvent to the same places. Press the pipes together and rotate them 90 degrees to create suction between the masses of cement solvent.

Allow everything to dry and then rebury the pipe.

If you need to increase the height of the drain even further, you will need to follow the same procedure, but you may need to grab a new Holman 100mm PVC DWV Finishing Collar Grate and a piece of Holman 100mm x 1m PVC DWV Pipe to increase the height even further.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects