Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easiest way to install shade cloth on back patio timber screen

LorenClayton
Community Newcomer

Easiest way to install shade cloth on back patio timber screen

Hello

I've just bought a house and settlement is 21 October. I don't have an enclosed garage, only a carport out the front.

I'd like to know the easiest way for me to install shade cloth around the timber screens on the back patio as shown in the photos. I'll be storing some timber furniture, 2 mowers, and a spare washing machine in the corner/s of the patio. (I'd prefer not to have shade cloth around the middle part of the patio as I want sunlight to come through the house). I'm wondering if I would need tarp as well to keep the mowers dry (1 petrol, one lithium battery).

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Outdoor/How-to-install-shade-cloth-for-a-balcony/td-p/70078

I found this post and like the idea of the butterfly clips on a line as this seems the most stable set up and I'd like it to look tidy. How would I affix the line to the timber screen or is this a job for a contractor? I'm reasonably handy if I know what I'm doing.  And what kind of line should I use and any tools I need to buy? I'd very much appreciate any advice you could give.

These are real estate photos and all I have of the patio.

Thanks.

back patio.PNG

back patio from main bedroom.PNG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects