Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cubby house base recommendation wanted

helencaceres
Getting Established

Cubby house base recommendation wanted

  

IMG_0526.png

IMG_0525.jpeg

I’m hoping you can help us with our cubby house base. We are rookies here so all the help is needed. We have the following cubby house and are wanting to put it on the grass in between the hedges. We are thinking of digging out the grass and putting pavers down but don’t know what type of pavers are best to use and what to use with it. Any advice or recommendations are helpful! 

Re: Cubby house base recommendation wanted

Hi Eric,

can I do this is my floor is uneven? 

also I’ve been recommended a platform similar using the h4 Treated pine and then fibro cement sheeting on top for the cubby house to sit on - what do you think of this?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @helencaceres 

The best way to make sure your frame and floor are level is to use a spirit level. While you are positioning the concrete footing and placing the timber frame on top, put the spirit level over it and you'll see where you need to add or reduce soil. Do it for all sides of the frame and then check again once you put the cover on top.

However, if the cubby house floor is uneven that will need to be addressed separately. I suggest using timber shims or plastic packers to adjust the level of the cubbyhouse floor.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Okay great! Thank you Eric for all your help. Do you think the fibro cement sheeting is good to use?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @helencaceres 

I don't recommend using fibro cement as it is not designed to carry weight in a hollow frame. Whereas plywood or pine decking panel are designed to carry an adult.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects