Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Corflute - what filler to use & which paint?

Dydee
Just Starting Out

Corflute - what filler to use & which paint?

I have a number of 'used' sheets of corflute which I want to use as a family reunion display project. 
The sheets have old screw holes in them which I want to fill, sand and then paint before I use them.
Looking for advise as to what 'filler' I can use which I can then sand before painting.
Do I need to use a paint primer on the sheets prior to painting and/or use a paint/primer .
Would be most grateful for any advice you could provide.  
Many thanks
Dydee

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Corflute - Filler to use & which paint

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dydee. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling and painting corflute.

Corflute is typically made from Polypropylene, so it's not the best material to be filling or painting. Paint and fillers would have a difficult time binding to it. As a temporary display project, you could potentially fill the holes with a gap filler and paint the sheets with spray paint. For paint, I'd recommend the White Knight Squirts range as it has the highest level of compatibility with plastics.

If this project isn't going to be exposed to the elements, you might like to consider using 6mm MDF Panel Standard 2440 x 1220mm as it's relatively budget-friendly and can be painted with standard paints.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Corflute - Filler to use & which paint

Many thanks Mitchell for your advice.  I will keep this in mind when I start to prepare my display material on the weekend.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects