Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you get a smart light globes?

Matt2024
Finding My Feet

Can you get a smart light globes?

20240829_161908.jpg

Hello just wondering if you can get smart light globe . I want to have ability to be able to turn light on and off where ever i am in house . 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: can you get a smart light globe

Hello @Matt2024 

Thanks for sharing your question about changing your fluorescents to LED smart batten lights. The Osram 230V 6500K LED Day Light 16W Tube Light - 2 Pack is designed as a direct replacement and no alteration of the fluorescent fitting is required. But this unit is not a smart bulb and if you are after a smart LED fitting, I suggest looking at the DETA T8 1900lm Daylight Grid Connect Smart 18W Tube and the Arlec 120cm 40W CCT Grid Connect LED Smart DIY Batten Light.

The two smart LED bulbs will have their own requirements regarding installation. I suggest having a look at the instructions on their packaging so that you'll know which starters to get.    

I also suggest reading these discussions regarding LED batten lights:

Please note that any electrical work must be done by a licensed electrician for safety and compliance. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects