Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I copy a deck build planning permit?

johnrmonk
Just Starting Out

Can I copy a deck build planning permit?

Decking Permit

Anyone out there who may have had to do a planning permit to build a deck and wouldnt have some plans I could copy?

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I copy a deck build planning permit?

Hello @johnrmonk 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question regarding decking plans.

I'm sorry, but I don’t have any official plans I can share. However, our members have shared their decking frame plans which you can use as a reference. If you let us know the size of your deck and how high you’re planning to build it, we’d be more than happy to offer suggestions and help you with your plans. I also suggest having a look at these guides - How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W and How to build a deck by @MitchellMc. These guides will provide you with ideas on what you need to take into consideration when planning a deck. 

I also recommend visiting your local council and having a quick look at the rules and regulations in regards to building a deck. Odds are there are rules and regulations that will state a size and height restriction. Each decking plan/build is unique and while one plan seems perfect, when placed in another location won't work.   

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular low-level deck projects

I also recommend having a look at the Bunnings deck building guide:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects