Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What sealant for stain and chalk paint on a set of drawers?

Twistie56
Just Starting Out

What sealant for stain and chalk paint on a set of drawers?

1000011452.jpg

 Howdy,

I'm looking for some advice on sealing this little project. The top and drawers are a water based stain, and the white is chalk pain.

I'd prefer to keep it matte, and if possible use the one product for both the stain and the paint.

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What sealant for stain and chalk paint on a set of drawers?

Hello @Twistie56 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about sealing your revamped table drawer.

Can you please tell us what brand of sealer and chalk paint you used for table drawer. I only ask because the products I'll be recommending must be compatible with the paint products you used for your table. Using an untested sealer on another product is full of unpredictable results, it might peel, discolour the surface or not cure properly. So, it's important the satin sealer you're thinking of has to be compatible with the paint products used.

This will guarantee that the sealer will work correctly and not damage the paint you've put on. As soon as you tell us the products used, we'll be able to look at what sealer is compatible with them.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects