Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Static Window Film for Winter

learningDIYer
Just Starting Out

Static Window Film for Winter

I've been looking into the window film range at Bunnings but they all talk about reducing heat. My biggest issue is a freezing cold house and the only natural warmth and light I get is from a few hours of direct sunlight in the morning hitting the bedroom and lounge room. However, these windows are EXTREMELY visible to outsiders. Which of the static options available at Bunnings will give me maximum privacy with minimal light & heat reduction?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Static Window Film for Winter

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @learningDIYer. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about window films.

You might be interested in checking out this discussion where I go over the various tinting films we offer: Living room window tinting. I suggest opting for the mirror type since it offers excellent privacy while still letting sunlight in. Just remember to close your blinds at night because when the lights are on, people outside can see inside.

Take a look at this useful post, D.I.Y. tinted windows, from one of our skilled members @prettyliving. Additionally, here’s a step-by-step guide on How to install window film.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much. Will that greatly reduce the amount of heat that comes into the place? I understand in summer that would be a positive thing, but in winter I’m freezing

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @learningDIYer 

One of the insulation techniques our member has recommended is by using plastic to seal off the windows temporarily and creating a double glaze effect. I recommend having a look at this discussion - Insulate windows with plastic for winter by @JL

Another popular technique currently being used is covering your window with Wrap & Move 500mm x 5m Blue Light Duty Bubble Wrap. It reproduces the same double-glazed effect on the window.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects