Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need ideas for desk in living area

Samara1
Building a Reputation

Need ideas for desk in living area

Below is my open living area with entrance. Kindly advise for any improvement or changes.
1) Planning to do desk for work in the corner
2) Need to hide the NBN box with any images
Living Desk.png
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Desk idea in open living

Hello @Samara1 

Thank you for sharing your question about how to improve your open living area. I believe your idea of putting in an office desk is great; I would probably suggest a picture or painting with a deep frame to cover the NBN box. Due to the limited space, I suggest using clip on laminated flooring for easy cleaning and perhaps two small extra seats for clients. Too many appliances in the area will make it look very crowded.

Let me call on our experienced members @lifestylebymari, @prettyliving and @RenoRach1 for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Samara1
Building a Reputation

@EricL @lifestylebymari @prettyliving @RenoRach1  any suggestions and improvements  to my desk plan in living area please :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Samara1 

Can you please tell us the measurements of your room and was there anything specific you were after in regards to design? 

Eric

Samara1
Building a Reputation

living room size is 3000mm x 3600mm 

thanks Eric just want to check whether my above design is good to go or any further changes or improvements required

thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

Your plan for the desk in the corner of your living area looks perfectly fine to me. From what I can see, there’s no major issue that stands out, and it seems like a good use of the space. You could consider blinds for the window to the right of the desk as you might experience some glare from the sun on your monitor.

Since your living area isn’t too large, keeping things simple and functional should work well. I’d say you're good to go. If you have any specific concerns, feel free to share, but everything looks solid as it is. 

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects