Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to touch up faux leather dining chairs?

emem15
Just Starting Out

How to touch up faux leather dining chairs?

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how I should go about touching up these chairs.

My initial thoughts is clean, smooth, and spray with some sort of paint that matches. 

Open to any ideas 

Thanks!

1000008214.jpg

1000008219.png

1000008220.png

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to touch up faux leather dining chairs?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @emem15. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about restoring chairs.

Are you sure they are faux leather? If so, they look quite convincing. If you are unsure, I think there is a good possibility that they are real leather.

We have a range of leather care and restoration products that you might like to check out. However, the damaged portions likely need to be sanded and possibly professionally restored.

I'm unfamiliar with any products that could be used to spray the chairs, whether real or faux leather. A nourisher should restore their look quite well.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to touch up faux leather dining chairs?

Hm I mean I just assumed it was fake, I have no idea to be honest. Thanks for the reply, though. I might look a bit further into restoring and check out the suggestions you have made. 

Thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects