Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to straighten bent timber?

sam3351
Community Newcomer

How to straighten bent timber?

1000007920.jpg

1000007921.jpg

1000007922.jpg

   

Hey, I'm about to attempt building a queen bedframe. I designed it myself and have just purchased all the materials.

The 70x45 dressed pine that I'm going to be using for the frame is slightly bent. I will be screwing 140x19 dressed pine to the frame to box out the bed. The 140x19 isn't bent at all.

What I'm want to know is will the bent 70x45 cause the 140x19 to eventually bend or will it have enough strength to keep it straight.

I will add some drawings to hopefully help explain my plan.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to straighten bent timber?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sam3351. It's good to have you join us. I trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and project inspiration from our wonderful members. 

Please note that a couple of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts are taking a well-earned break at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay before one can get back to you. Sorry about that.

Let me see if some other helpful members with woodworking experience might be able to share their approach to this problem:

@r23on@woodenwookie@JDE and @woodalwaysworks.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects