Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove wardrobe shelf?

l973196
Just Starting Out

How to remove wardrobe shelf?

Hi all. First time poster here.

I'm considering doing a walk in robe makeover. I would like to ask if anyone knows how to remove the wardrobe shelf like the one in the attached photo? Any pointers as to how to go about removing it?

Thank you all in advance.Screenshot 2024-10-22 153550.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Remove wardrobe shelf

Hello @l973196 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Its sensational top have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about removing your wardrobe shelf.

You're in luck as we recently had a conversation about this very topic. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to remove a built-in shelf? by @johnpyt. The general installation technique is that the screws are cleverly hidden on the shelf itself. It could be filled over or covered with paint, one way for you to detect them is by using a strong magnet. Simply run the magnet slowly over the side supports of the shelf and you should be able to detect them. You then remove the screws using a screwdriver or a cordless drill.     

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects