Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove a caravan cupboard?

Ocean
Just Starting Out

How to remove a caravan cupboard?

5400E11B-DDB1-4BC3-A18A-9FFC729A67A6.jpeg

Hi !

Im renovating my 14ft 1980 Viscount caravan, and I’m wanting to convert the two single beds ( not bunks), into a double bed. They are separated by a fixed cupboard with mirror. What is the easiest way to do this and not cause damage to the structure integrity? 
thankyou :smile: 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove a caravan cupboard?

Hello @Ocean 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's splendid to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your caravan renovation.

Congratulations on taking the leap into caravan renovation. The majority of viscount caravans I've seen have a framing inside the walls that hold the entire structure together. I suppose the bed framing adds a bit of stiffness to the structure. If you were to remove the old bed frame and the cupboard, I suggest observing carefully if there are any support structures that are directly connected to the frame of the wall.

If there are, those should be put back to make sure that the original supports are in the same place. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: 10 caravan renovations

I also suggest having a look at these featured projects:

Let me call on our experienced members @Peggers and @twocutekelpies for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects