Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to patch a hole in plasterboard?

Sable808
Just Starting Out

How to patch a hole in plasterboard?

Hi,

We recently had some electrical stuff removed from my daughters bedroom - namely a security box & a phone line.  It has left a hole.  I am new to DIY so was hoping for some help.  What do I need to use to patch a bigger hole?  I have polyfilla that I have used for smaller holes.

Cheers,

Alex

20221019_171046.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to patch a hole in plasterboard?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Sable808. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a hole in plaster.

It would be best to have read through this helpful step-by-step guide: How to fix a hole in the wall. The guide will answer most of your questions and get you headed in the right direction. If you haven't filled a larger hole like this before, then I'd recommend using the wall patches as mentioned in the guide. They are perfect for covering the hole before skim coating over it.

If you can show us what Polyfilla you have, it could be suitable for this job. Alternatively, you can use dry plaster and mix it up yourself.

Once you've looked at the guide above, let us know if you have any questions, and we can guide you through the process.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects