Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a pallet table with castors?

sytt
Just Starting Out

How to make a pallet table with castors?

Hello dear workshop community!

I'm looking to build a pallet table with castors, something similar to the one detailed in this post: https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/Pallet-coffee-table-ideas/m-p/25409

The difference in that It would be two pallets, stacked, and with castors, something like this:

AUSPALLETSTACK.jpg

but only two pallets, and with castors.

Can you guys suggest what parts I would need besides the two pallets and castors? (i.e. what kind of joints, suggested paint/cover to prevent splinters, etc)?

Thanks,

sytt

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to Make a Pallet Table with Castors

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sytt. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a pallet coffee table.

Was it the diagonal herringbone boards you were looking to do on top? If so, you'll need two pallets and several others to remove boards from. The two pallets can be connected together with timber screws. Screw through the top pallet into the bottom.

Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to build a simple coffee table using pallet timber. Once you've followed the guide and attached your secondary pallet on top, you'll then be able to start cutting up your additional boards to do the herringbone design. You could cut these by hand or with a circular saw, but it will be much easier to replicate the angular cuts with a mitre saw. Even a budget-friendly one like the Ozito 1600W 210mm 8¼" Corded Compound Mitre Saw would work well for this project.

To prevent splinters you'll need to sand the whole project starting with 80-grit and working your way up to 240-grit. You'll then be able to finish the project with your varnish of choice.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects