Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install curtains without drilling?

Tanya75
Just Starting Out

How to install curtains without drilling?

Any ideas on how to put up curtains up on metal door frame without drilling? brick overhead. was thinking to do big 3M hooks and get a small rod but my door is 245cm long and the frame width where i would stick it is only 4cm wide and big 3M

1000009566.jpg

1000009566.jpg

  

sturdy hooks are 5cm

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wanting to put curtains up without drilling. Metal doors, brick house

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tanya75. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hanging curtains.

What style curtains and rod were you thinking of? I suspect that if you are not mounting into the brick, you'd be limited to shear and very lightweight curtains. Even when mounted onto a solid surface like plasterboard, with appropriate fixings, curtains have a tendency to pull off the wall.

Is there any reason why you don't want to fix into the bricks? Perhaps this is a rental?

You could try one of these Windoware 130 - 244cm White Springfit Rods, though it might need to be packed out slightly as it is 10mm too short. As mentioned, though, it is only designed for lightweight curtains.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects