Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a canvas frame with height 84cm and width 1340cm?

mamathar
Community Newcomer

How to build a canvas frame with height 84cm and width 1340cm?

Hi There,

I need to build a Canvas with Height = 84 cm and width as 1340 cm to stretch a canvas.

Can you please help me with what light wood would be better to build the frame  and the pins I need for stretching canvas

Thanks,

Mamatha

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a canvas frame with height 84cm and width 1340cm?

Hi @mamathar,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I am assuming you have made a typo with your dimensions, and they are supposed to be 84x134cm. Is that correct?

If this is not a typo and the canvas needs to be 13.4m wide, then I'd suggest this is something you should contact a frame maker for assistance with.

I'd suggest you use dressed-all-round Pine such as this Porta 30 x 30mm 2.4m DAR Square General Purpose Pine. This will give your frame some good strength while still being reasonably light.

You can then use upholstery pins to fix your canvas in place and stretch it over the frame.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects