Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Choosing right wood and cut for bed slats

Tanya75
Just Starting Out

Choosing right wood and cut for bed slats

I bought a queen mattress for my rental. Landlord didn't want to give up bed frame but got rid of old overly soft mattress. Small problem - slats are not appropriate for my mattress. My mattress felt much softer than the mattress in the shop almost immediately upon using it. After some investigation I realized its likely not the mattress as id been informed it needed to be on strong slats and mistook mine for strong ones. My slats need to be changed.  See pictures. Can't find the strong ones online. I really just need to make 14 wooden slats at 1.8ck thick (or I was considering putting in one big slide of wood but I don't think my car can fit it). I've done the basic measurements but I'm worried about making the wrong decision, getting the wrong cut. Does anyone have experience with this type of frame or situation and can offer me advice? Bed frame is metal and has those slots for slats to go into. has a center piece too. Wondering if i can just put planks of wood across and take out the old slats and should I do halfway to center piece or one long slat?Thanks for any help!

1000009869.jpg

1000009868.jpg

1000009867.jpg

1000009873.jpg

1000009872.jpg

  

    

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects