Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Canvas artwork using a window seal

naomi15
Growing in Experience

Canvas artwork using a window seal

I created the canvas using adhesive window rubber seal.

i had to use some extra adhesive, hot glue gun.

then painted in my colour of choice

Materials

Large canvas

adhesive weather window seal 

hot glue

dulux interior paint

Tools

Hot glue gun

paint brush and small roller

Steps

Step 1

First I painted the canvas then I placed the rubber seal onto it creating a pattern I liked

The adhesive was not sticking well, I think due to the new paint, so I added some hot glue to it and perfect 

I then painted over the weather seal as it was black

i also added some no more gaps around some of the edges to give it a better finish

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Canvas artwork using a window seal

What wonderfully unique artwork and creative use of weather seal, @naomi15. I trust many of our members would be keen to give something like this a go themselves. Did it take you long?

great work and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
naomi15
Growing in Experience

Many coats of paint to cover the weather seal, would have been easier if it was white, Probably 3 hours 

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Afternoon @naomi15 

That will teach me to not look at someones project! :laugh: I had gone past your project at first :surprised: whoops :smile:

When I stepped in and read what you had done I thought "Brilliant idea! " So many times I will stand in front of a piece of artwork that has raised parts for added texture, and thought of ghesso? plaster and various other things that I could use to create "edges" Love your idea and will file it away fro a project I have in mind (yet to be completed, have canvases ready :smile: )

Thank you for passing the idea on!

Dave

naomi15
Growing in Experience

No worrries Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects