Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you order melamine sheets to size?

freersco
Just Starting Out

Can you order melamine sheets to size?

I am building a bookshelf 250 deep and 1010 wide. I would like 2 pre drilled malimine boards 250x2400

these will form the left and right side walls. the pre drilled will allow for adjustable hieght selves.

Is this able to be ordered

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: custom predrilled malimine size

Hello @freersco 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a bookshelf.

The store does provide a cutting service, but I'm afraid it's not able to cut the dimensions you've specified. However, the store does carry CUSTOMpine 16 x 2400 x 295mm White Matt E1L Shelving Carcass Standard Particleboard which is very close to the measurements you are after. To drill the holes, I suggest using the Kreg 5mm Shelf Pin Jig. This drilling guide will need to be ordered at the special orders desk, it's an easy tool to use and you'll get a uniform set of holes for your shelves.

Please note that the shelves will need to be ordered separately, and you'll need to cut them to the size you'll be needing.  

Another option is to purchase a bookcase set called the Practa 5 Tier Bookcase. It has adjustable shelves and is 1800 (h) x 800 (w) x 280 (d) fairly close to the size that you're after. I also recommend having a look at the bookcase cabinet sets available on the bunnings website.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects