Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best floor covering to place over polished concrete?

A1821801
Finding My Feet

Best floor covering to place over polished concrete?

I would like to remove the carpet in a bedroom which is installed over concrete and replace it with a wood like floor.

Would hardwood or floating floor boards or other hybrid ? Artificial floors boards be preferable ??

thanks for your advice, B

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Best floor covering to place over polished concrete?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @A1821801! It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about floor coverings.

When considering a wood-like floor over polished concrete, Hybrid Vinyl Planks are an excellent option. They are considered superior to older laminate flooring because they are waterproof and have a much more durable surface, making them resistant to swelling from excessive water during mopping or spills. This makes hybrid flooring a great choice, especially for a bedroom setting.

If you prefer the look and feel of natural wood, engineered hardwood can also be a good option. However, it requires more maintenance and isn't as water-resistant as hybrid options. On the other hand, floating floorboards, such as laminate or hybrid flooring, offer an easier installation process and are typically more budget-friendly.

Given your preference for a wood-like appearance, I'd recommend going with Hybrid Vinyl Planks for their durability, water resistance, and ease of installation. They offer a fantastic blend of aesthetics and practicality. Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to lay vinyl plank flooring.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects