Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedroom feature wall with Easycraft panels

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Bedroom feature wall with Easycraft panels

Our main bedroom was looking a little dull and in need of some love so I recently created this feature wall in it to give it that wow factor while also utilising the wall space for storage of coats, bags etc and a new tv. 

Steps

Step 1

First we measured the wall and cut the easycraft craft panels to size with the circular saw. 

I found some wood-look moulding capping at Bunnings on clearance so we used that to put on the edges of the panels as an extra feature. 

IMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2653.jpeg

Step 2

Next we attached the panels to the wall with metal screws into the studs (we have a steel framed house). 

I wanted the wall to have two purposes, one side for the tv and one side to hang coats etc so to seperate them we hung the panels vertical one side and horizontally on the other. 

I used Spakfilla to fill in all the holes and then sanded once dry. 

IMG_2649.jpeg

IMG_2650.jpeg

Step 3

Next I painted the panels. 

I used the colour “All Black” for one section and “Tiger White” for the other.

IMG_2654.jpeg

Step 4

Lastly, I attached the wall hooks for the coats, bags etc. 

We also then hung a wall mount and attached the tv. 

IMG_2648.jpeg

Step 5

Here is the before and after. I’m very happy with the end result. 

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_2602.jpeg

IMG_2607.jpeg

IMG_2610.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bedroom Feature Wall

Hi @prettyliving,

Thank you for sharing this simple yet elegant feature wall project.

It has given a touch of style to an otherwise blank wall with the simple inclusion of some VJ panelling, a bit of paint and some timber trims.

The change of direction and different paint colours has created two distinct zones which adds a wealth of depth to the room.

Congratulations on a fantastic project.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects