Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Barn-style bedside table using recycled pallets

wildkitty
Finding My Feet

Barn-style bedside table using recycled pallets

Barn bedside table, I want to build not only my furniture but also build for the community, from recycled pallets. 

Materials

recycled pallets from Bunnings, metal runners, draw handle, screws, and nails for nail gun, PVA glue, and wax.

Tools

drop saw, table saw, thicknesser, router, sander, hammer, chisel, square, clamps, 

Steps

Step 1

1# cut the length, 2# cut the thickness in the table saw, 3# plane it through the thicknesser, 4# join the top and bottom shelfs, 5# glue the frame together, 6# fit the cross Pices together, 7# fit and nail the bottom shelf, 8# fix the side panel for the draws,9# screw the draw runners, 10# build the draw, 11# screw the draw to the runners, 12# screw the top, 13# screw the draw front and handle, and the last step wax it.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Barn-style bedside table using recycled pallets

Hi @wildkitty,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic project.

You've done such an excellent job of cleaning up and refinishing the timber that it is hard to believe that it comes from recycled pallets. The wax finish has given it a beautiful natural look and really accentuates the timber nicely.

Congratulations on a job well done and thank you for creating such an environmentally friendly project. I am very excited to see more in the future.

Jacob

Re: Barn-style bedside table using recycled pallets

Hi Jacobz, thank you for your reply, yesterday I took it to bunnings, where I get all my power tools and tools, by the time I've got home I end up with 10 orders, my project is to make: a coffee table with a similar design, table and chairs also similar design, just to start

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects