Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What tool to tighten kitchen mixer tap?

calccom21
Building a Reputation

What tool to tighten kitchen mixer tap?

IMG20230104112216.jpg

IMG20230104112148.jpg

Hi All,

Need help on my kitchen mixer tap. It always came loose after awhile when i tighten it.. that is because I'm not using a proper tool. I'm planning to get a proper mixer tap spanner however wanted to make sure I get the correct size. Does anyone know which size should I get? If there is a link to it or how to find out the size so I won't get the wrong one?

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What tool to tighten kitchen mixer tap?

Hi @calccom21,

Thank you for your great question about finding the best tool for your mixer tap located in a tight space. Our resident DIY expert @MitchellMc will be back online Friday to help assist, but let me tag our wonderful Workshop members @CSParnell and @Brad to see if they are available to give their advice. In a previous discussion, how to tighten new but loose mixer tap, our other great resident DIY expert @EricL gave the suggestion of the Haron mixer tap spanner kit. This particular kit comes with 4 different spanner sizes, this may help alleviate the guessing when only purchasing one size.   

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @KatieC and @calccom21 

You should be pretty safe with this kit designed for this purpose

Tap Spanner Kit 

It will be 9mm or 11mm I can't remember off hand, last time I did one I used a small adjustable spanner.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @calccom21,

It's great to see that both @KatieC and @CSParnell have assisted with the correct product. You won't find the spanners sold separately, so the kit is a great option that will have the size you need.

Please let us know if you get stuck or have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
calccom21
Building a Reputation

Many thanks @MitchellMc @CSParnell @KatieC - i shall go and get it in this week. Will be useful for my kitchen tap

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects