Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What size roller blinds?

russtrimtech
Just Starting Out

What size roller blinds?

hi my window opening is 1780mm do I make the blinds 1770mm so it has 5mm on each side and can I cut them to size myself regards russ

bluekat
Just Starting Out

Re: What size roller blinds?

You can cut roller blinds to size with a sharp knife and a hack saw. As for the size you don’t need to leave space for the brackets as they can just butt up to your architrave. If you do want to leave space you can but any space to leave at the brackets will add to the gaps of light that will be there as the fabric is always smaller than the brackets. To work out how much you need to cut off look at the blind size you buy then take that away from your space size or where you want the brackets to sit. Unroll the blind, slide it off the base bar and top pole. Draw your cut line then with a metal ruler and your sharp knife slice through the fabric. As for the base bar and top pole mark the same amount and use the hack saw to cut through. You may need to file the edges slightly.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What size roller blinds?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @russtrimtech. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

Great to see you receive a prompt and helpful reply from another community newcomer in @bluekat. Thanks @bluekat and a warm welcome to you, too!

Bunnings offers a Made-to-Measure blind service. Simply pick up a Riva order booklet from the Special Orders desk at your local store and add your desired sizes. Return the booklet to the special orders desk, and a helpful team member will place an order for you.

I trust you'll find these guides helpful, particularly for how to measure your window so you order the correct size:

Please let us know if you need any additional information about this process or had questions. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects