Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with kitchen layout

lilnikoy82
Getting Established

Need help with kitchen layout

626D9769-4B01-47F0-A9CA-6CA4C27B480A.jpeg

I would love you design a kitchen layout for me! I’ve been thinking of to change it so it works for over a year now! All the cupboards are cluttered and I feel I could utilise the space I have a bit more by cutting down the Splashback a bit and replacing the range hood? I also would love a dishwasher but worry about more soace being take. Away 

Re: Need help with kitchen layout

Hi @lilnikoy82,

Improving your kitchen's functionality is a great way to optimise your space. Installing pull-out shelving is relatively straightforward and can make deep cabinets much more accessible. Start by measuring your cabinet dimensions to ensure you select shelving that fits perfectly. We offer pre-assembled pull-out systems, which are both practical and easy to install. The runners for these shelves are usually mounted on the sides of the cabinets, so it’s important to get them level for smooth operation. Once the runners are in place, you can attach the pull-out shelves and test them to make sure they function properly. Adding these shelves to your pantry will also help maximise storage space.

Here are some pull-out shelving options from Bunnings that you can explore to better organise your kitchen cabinets and pantry:

• Wire Basket Drawers - Kitchen: Shop a range of wire basket drawers at warehouse prices from quality brands.

For installation guidance, you can refer to the DIY advice article: How to install kitchen pull-out baskets.

As for making room for a dishwasher, it’s import to check that you’ll have enough space, typically around 600mm in width. After dealing with the pull-out shelving, you can assess if your current cabinets need to be modified to fit the dishwasher. 

I understand you’ve had an issue with your custom-ordered corner cabinet in the past, but if you can let me know a little more about the issues with fitment I can assist in helping resolve those and integrating it into the rest of your cabinetry.

If you're struggling to find a 1000mm straight base cabinet, Kaboodle range offers custom cabinet options that should provide a better fit this time around. 

Here are some options for 1000mm straight base cabinets that you can consider for your kitchen renovation:

Sorting out the cabinets and shelving first will make the rest of your kitchen upgrade, including installing a new rangehood, much smoother. 

If you need more advice on how to move forward, don’t hesitate to reach out. I'm happy to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects