Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen renovation using Kaboodle island panel

leanne-jwo
Getting Established

Kitchen renovation using Kaboodle island panel

The kitchen required renovation before moving in. My dad is extremely handy and with the help of one of his mates we were able to transform the area into this amazing kitchen. I installed a Kaboodle kitchen and decided to use waterproof VJ panelling as my splashback and plain black glass behind the cooktop. Instead of using a Kaboodle island panel I decided to use VJ panelling to tie in with splashback. Dad cut shelving out of a Merbau FJ Panel to provide decorative pieces either side of the rangehood and another shelf to create a tea nook on the other side of the room. The room was painted White Exchange 1/2 strength.

IMG_7653[1].PNGIMG_7655[1].JPGIMG_7659[1].JPGIMG_7652[1].JPG

Materials

MDF MR Internal Wall Lining Primed

Wall Insulation batts G/Wool Knauf

Gloss White/Modern Kaboodle Cabinetry

Basalt Super Matt Benchtop

VJ 100 Panelling

T/Master T Handles Matt Black

Merbau FJ Panel

Carinya Arch Brackets

Esatto Freestanding Dishwasher

Esatto Rangehood Canopy

Esatto Oven

Esatto Ceramic Cooktop

Nugleam Everhard Sink

Estilo Sink Mixer

Tools

Jackhammer

Dropsaw

Hammer

Nails

Level

Drill

Screwdriver

Jigsaw

Sandpaper

Tape Measure

Steps

Step 1

Wall had to be removedWall had to be removed

Step 2

Kitchen gutted & wall relinedKitchen gutted & wall relined

Step 3

Walls insulated prior to reliningWalls insulated prior to relining

Step 4

IMG_7664[1].PNG

Step 5

Kaboodle base cabinets installedKaboodle base cabinets installed

Step 6

Kaboodle Gloss White panels attachedKaboodle Gloss White panels attached

Step 7

Basalt bench tops put in place to get ready for installationBasalt bench tops put in place to get ready for installation

Step 8

Cut outs marked out for sink & cooktopCut outs marked out for sink & cooktopIMG_7681[1].PNG

Step 9

VJ 100 Panelling used for island panelVJ 100 Panelling used for island panelVJ 100 Panelling also used as splashbackVJ 100 Panelling also used as splashback

Step 10

Tea nook created with Merbau FJ Panel & Carinya arch bracketsTea nook created with Merbau FJ Panel & Carinya arch bracketsIMG_7692[1].PNGMerbau FJ Panel cut to make decorative shelvingMerbau FJ Panel cut to make decorative shelving

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Kitchen renovation using Kaboodle island panel

Good Morning @leanne-jwo 

Now that is a nice looking upgrade! I have the same style of cupboards and dream of having a new kitchen like yours! Love the Clean lines and the VJ paneling for the splashback area is a brilliant idea!

You have hauled that kitchen from the 50's into the 2030's :smile: Nice work.

Dave

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen Renovations "D.I.Y. July Australia"

Hi @leanne-jwo,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic kitchen reno and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I love the clean lines of the VJ panelling, and your colour choices are simple but luxurious. The black glass splashback looks fantastic alongside those merbau shelves.

Your dad and his mate seem like great guys to jump in and help out with everything.

Congratulations on a fantastic project and once again, thank you for sharing.

Jacob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen renovation using Kaboodle island panel

Many thanks for sharing your kitchen renovation project @leanne-jwo. I'm with Dave and really like the timber panelling - a great feature. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects