Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen joinery color suggestions wanted

Samara1
Building a Reputation

Kitchen joinery color suggestions wanted

I am planning to go for polyurethane in lexicon quarter white for bottom cabins and drawers.

Did anyone try polyurethane in lexicon quarter white matching to internal wall color.

Overhead cabin will be Tasmanian OAK woodmatt finish.

Appreciate for sharing any images please.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen joinery color suggestions wanted

Hi @Samara1,

Could you provide a bit more context about your matching question? Lexicon is a Dulux formula, so it will match the wall exactly. There might be some variation due to the difference in polyurethane versus water-based wall paint. Is your question regards peoples opinions on using the same colour for cabinetry and the walls? If so, the blue undertones in Lexicon quarter will create a crisp, modern look that is balanced by the warm, natural tones of the Tasmanian Oak. This contrast not only adds visual interest but also ensures the space feels inviting rather than too stark.

You might like to try some sample pots of the Lexicon quarter and other whites in the Dulux range for the walls. It can throw a bit of a blueish hue in certain lights, and that might be a bit too stark for your liking. Another option is Antique white USA quarter, which has warmer undertones.

Let me mention one of our renovation experts @2Belindas for their thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Samara1
Building a Reputation

yeah i am trying match my cabin polyurethane white color same as lexicon quater white of my internall wall.

i love cool white tone so which white paint and finish (Matt or Satin) goes well for my bottom cabins & drawers against the overhead cabins in Tasmanian OAK  woodmatt finish.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi again @Samara1,

I just wanted to be clear, as we use wording that can be interpreted differently. When you say "match," are you looking for colours for your wall that would complement the Lexicon quarter on the cabinetry? If so, that's a very personal choice, and I'd encourage you to pick up a variety of white colour cards and sample pots in-store. If you love Lexicon and cool tones, then there is no reason why you could not use it on the cabinetry and walls.

Once again, the choice of matt or satin finish is up to you and the look you are going for. Cabinetry is traditionally coated with a high-gloss finish. There might be options for matt and satin available, and perhaps you'd like to speak with the person who will be spraying the cabinetry in order to see whether they have samples available. Gloss coatings typically attract attention and matt coatings blend into the background. It depends on whether you want the cabinet to be the star of the show or just compliment it. Satin can be a good medium ground if you're looking for a bit of both.

If you are stuck on the decision, you might like to utilise our Colour Consultancy service, where you can get advice from a Dulux designer to help you choose the best colours for your home.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
2Belindas
Making a Splash

Hi Samara1

If you love the look of Lexicon quarter, then use it.  You could go Lexicon half or full strength, if you want the same tone, but a subtle difference.  NB. Lexicon does pull blue-grey in the shadows.  

Creating a beautiful home on a budget

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects