Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen benchtop organisation shelf

Sugar
Having an Impact

Kitchen benchtop organisation shelf

My wife and I used to get a lot of stuff around the benchtop ( in disorganised way) as you can see on the image. Vey little space around the sink and especially after washing the dishes and letting them dry around the sink.

My wife started to look for removable shelf that we can put on top of the benchtop and can organise stuff lying around ( at least in organised way). 

With just the budget under $60, we got this made and we are happy with the product. Besides that, we have an idea of designing similar table with wider timber panel, so that dinner can be served on the floor ( asian style). Following are our Before and After results.

Before

Image (9).jfif

After

Image (8).jfifImage (7).jfifImage (6).jfifImage (5).jfif

Materials

Image (13).jfifImage (12).jfifImage (11).jfifImage (10).jfif

Tools

• Marker pen
  • Driller

Steps

Step 1

1. Get the Legs suitable for your design (as shown in image) and flat panel. The size we chose is given in the image. 

2. Use marker pen to mark on the hole location where the screws are going

3. Follow the similar process for other 3 legs. 

Note: make sure the flat circle of the legs do not come out of the flat panel.

Also make sure that the screws being used are not longer than the width of the panel, otherwise there will be high chance of them projecting on other side of the panel. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen benchtop organisation shelf

What a fabulous solution @Sugar. Not only is it functional, but it looks terrific, too. I have a similar situation at my place, and you've inspired me to give something like this a go. 

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Kitchen benchtop organisation shelf

@MitchellMc Plus it is very reasonable and quicker to get them together. 

I finished it just in max. 10 minutes. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects