Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is there a No voc cabinet paint?

natnatnat
Just Starting Out

Is there a No voc cabinet paint?

Does Bunnings have a no or low voc cabinet paint? I want to paint my kitchen cabinets but have pets in the house so the safer for them, the better.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: No voc cabinet paint

Hi @natnatnat,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a low or no VOC paint that is designed for this specific purpose. 

Please allow me to get in touch with our suppliers when they reopen Monday for their advice, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, can you advise what material your cabinets are made of? Are they melamine coated chipboard? Maybe MDF? 

It is likely that our suppliers will need to know this so they can offer their advice.

If you aren't sure, I may be able to help identify what material they are made of if you could upload some pictures. 

Let me know if you need a hand uploading images, I'd be happy to help.

Jacob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: No voc cabinet paint

Hi @natnatnat,

Our low VOC paints are only designed for walls and are too soft to use on your cabinetry; they'll get damaged quickly.

If you were able to keep the pets outside until the paint had cured, it will no longer be releasing VOC's. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects