Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to tile over glass splashback?

MikeT2
Just Starting Out

How to tile over glass splashback?

I am looking to tile over a glass splash back using ceramic tiles. What primer do I need for this ?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to tile over glass splashback

Hello @MikeT2 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about tiling over a glass splashback.

There is a product called the WHITE KNIGHT® PREP RITE GRIP LOCK PRIMER. It can be used on glossy surfaces, ceramics, tiles, laminates, fibreglass, PVC pipes, plastic and glass. Please note that this product will need to be specially ordered at the special orders desk and is subject to availability. Please allow us to double check with our supplier if it can be tiled over. As soon as we have more information, we'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to tile over glass splashback

Hi @MikeT2,

I've managed to find a single-stage product, so there's no need to prime. You just need to give the splashback a light scuff with 180-grit sandpaper. Remember your PPE, including a respirator and safety goggles. You can then tile as with any other substrate using Dunlop 2kg Tile-All Tile Adhesive. It has a sufficient amount of polymer to bind to the glass surface.

Here's a helpful guide to follow using the Tile-All: How to tile a splashback.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects