Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair these tiles?

Thierry
Building a Reputation

How to repair these tiles?

Hi team

Could you please advise what sort of glue i need to buy for the tiles.the tiles came out due to water, also the top ones are a bit loose. Thanks!

See photo

IMG20221205075215.jpg

IMG20221205075210.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair these tiles?

Hi @Thierry

I suggest first removing the old adhesive that is still attached to the wall. I recommend using a 100mm Sharp Edge Paint Scraper or similar. Once you've removed the old adhesive, I suggest using Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive to re-attach the tiles that have fallen off. Make sure to grab a caulking gun before going home. I suggest using the Dunlop Ready_To_Go Grout to fill in the tile gap. Please make sure to provide enough time for the adhesive to dry off before you seal it with the grout.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to grout wall tiles

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Thierry
Building a Reputation

Hi @EricL 

Is that the white stuff (adhensive) that need to be removed completely? See photo

IMG_20221206_100523.jpg

Note that the top tiles are also bit loose.

Then when applying new adhensive to the falling tiles, do I fill them all or just do lines?

For the grout, i will fill in gap on the top gap.

Now, i also have in my shower, the tiles didn't come off, i can see from the top theres gap and is not sticking on the wall from top underneath tile.. do i just put some glout and fill in the gap ?

Thanks

Thierry

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Thierry

I suggest using the Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive there as well. Just keep in mind that any old adhesive must be removed first before putting on the new one. If the tiles in your shower are still strong and you only want to cover the gap you can use the grout I recommended.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects