Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate kitchen?

robert786
Finding My Feet

How to renovate kitchen?

IMG_5451.jpeg

IMG_5452.jpeg

  

My kitchen in trapezium shape n I need to renovate it pl guide 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to renovate kitchen?

Hello @robert786 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about designing your kitchen.

Can you please tell me the measurements of the walls and how big is the opening of your kitchen and what is the size of that wall corner. Once you provide me with the measurements of your kitchen, I'll be able to offer you a render of your kitchen with new cabinetry and layout. One alternative is to paint your kitchen so that you can get a new finish. Another method is to modify your front door with MDF so that it looks like a colonial. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Budget kitchen refurbishment using paint by @Shirld 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

i am attaching sketch showing dimensions in metre hope that helkitchen 14 halberg st ppk.jpgp ,u can provide your design layout

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @robert786 

I'm currently drawing your kitchen and as soon as I finished, I'll post it here.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @robert786 

I've rearranged your cabinetry to better suite your space. The left-hand side of your cabinetry has been modified a bit as I've included space for a dishwasher. I've removed the pantry at the end so that it will not look crowded and have joined all your tall cabinetry together at the other end where the refrigerator is. 

In order to have better flow in your kitchen I've moved the refrigerator closer to the kitchen and your storage next to it. You'll notice that the tight end of your kitchen is now open and provides extra bench space for your appliances. Please have a good look and tell me what you think.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.  

Eric

roberts kitchen 1.jpgroberts kitchen 2.jpgroberts kitchen 3.jpgroberts kitchen 4.jpgroberts kitchen 5.jpgroberts kitchen 6.jpg

Thanks Eric for your effort ; however , what about door on left hand side 90 cm? also shorter end has boiler  next to pantry , i liked your design except that should u have another option after taking in to account door and boiler in corner then u are welcomed ; also how much it will cost me to make this changes?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @robert786 

Thank you for the extra information. The doors I'm aware of are the doors you've indicated on your diagram. This would be the large sliding door next to the cooktop and the main sliding door to your living room. Then there is the passageway on the angled wall. The space I've used for your cabinetry on that wall is just an estimate as you did not indicate how far the door is from the small wall in the corner. 

In order to get this design into your existing space, the hot water cylinder must be relocated outside or in another spot outside your kitchen. Let me calculate the number of cabinets and I'll post the estimate as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects