Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove white patch on laminate bench?

anna86
Just Starting Out

How to remove white patch on laminate bench?

IMG_2434.jpeg

Hi there, I just used bar keepers friend soft cleanser to try and get a red mark off my bench and it turned white. There’s no bleach in the product so is there any hope of fixing this patch? Thanks alot 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove white patch on laminate bench?

Hi @anna86,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I suspect the mild abrasive and citric acid in the Bar Keepers Friend has reacted with the laminate and had a slight bleaching effect.

You could try using a laminate polish such as Dunlop 500ml Revive and Shine, however I am unsure how well it would work.

If the bleaching effect has completely removed the colour in this area, I'm afraid there might not be much you can do to save it.

Allow me to tag @Dave-1, @Noyade and @Nailbag to see if they have any ideas.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Good morning @anna86 

I am afraid I dont have a lot of knowledge in this area 😕 Polishing it sounds like a good move as @JacobZ has suggested. 

Will be watching for answers for myself :smile:

Dave

Nailbag
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @anna86 

I've had some success with Acetone with stains in laminates. Its not-abrasive but works well when rubbed in with a micro-fibre cloth.

Good luck. Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects