Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove sliding door rail?

angelique5
Finding My Feet

How to remove sliding door rail?

image.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to temove the riller to repair or replace

Hi @angelique5,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

The process to remove the roller would start with lifting the door up and off the track.

Once the door is off the track, you will have access to the screws that attach the roller to the top of the door. Remove these screws and you will be able to remove the roller.

If there is a specific issue with the roller, I'd need some more details to assist you with repairing it. Are the wheels broken? Is the door not running smoothly? Any details you can provide will help. 

If you are looking to replace it, I'd suggest taking the damaged roller in store so you can match it up with a suitable replacement.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Re: how to temove the riller to repair or replace

Thanks I just got home from work and I’ll try what you said, the door won’t slide as one wheel is wonky on an angle, someone wrecked it or maybe it’s just old but was perfect before I had a person stay here , think , I’ll try to see if I can repair it by maybe tightening it up or something, but I’ll see how I go with removing it , took a while to get access and there’s so many screws I just wasn’t sure how to go about it , appreciate your help and I’ll let you know thanks again 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects