Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a baby gate in kitchen?

adigoras
Finding My Feet

How to install a baby gate in kitchen?

Dear community, my niece started walking recently, and her parents were wondering what they can do to "fence off" the little girl from their kitchen. The challenge is that any gate / screen (or similar) would have to connect the two sides at an angle. Would anyone have some suggestions?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

1000029041.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing baby gate

Hi @adigoras,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is brilliant to have you with us.

Depending on the width of the opening and the height of the bench, I'd suggest using either the Perma Child Safety Black Extra Wide And Extra Tall Retractable Baby Gate or the Perma Child Safety 1.4m White Wide Retractable Gate. 

Please note that other options can be ordered through the Special Orders desk of your local Bunnings store if the dimensions do not suit your circumstances.

They are a retractable screen that is locked in place using hooks that can be oriented for different mounting conditions.

You might like to have a look at the video guide at the bottom of Perma's page for a visual representation of how they operate: 1.8m Wide Easy Fit Retractable Baby Gate.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jacob

Thank you Jacob, we'll give it a shot 🙏

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No worries @adigoras,

If you run into anything you might need a hand with, don't hesitate to reach out.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects